"Women are living defensively, all bound up by their own fears and self- imposed limitations. When we feel like we’re not enough, we try to puff ourselves up and get big. It’s easy in a world that says 'Do big things!' to feel like you don’t measure up. On the other hand, when we feel like we’re way too much, it can be tempting to get low, even if it’s with a self-serving false humility. These are two sides of the same coin, and I feel both too much and never enough all the time." - Hayley, Chapter 2
Too much and not enough. I can identify with those feelings. Maybe you can too. . .
Thankfully there is alternative. Today's podcast guest, Hayley Morgan (and her co-author Jess Connolly) are helping women live life "Wild and Free".
We can walk wildly in who God created us to be & rest freely in the work Jesus did for us.
Hayley reminds us that confidence comes when we focus on being tethered to Christ. Resting and abiding in Him.
She and I also chat about friendships. How she and Jess maintain their relationship, respecting each other's communication style. Spending time on relationships but not making an idol out of them. (If you pre-order two books today-Monday-you get a copy of a special ebook they wrote on friendship)
The afternoon after I interviewed Hayley I spoke to a new mom group. Their questions reminded me how often we can look to the world and parenting experts for advice on how to parent well. But God knows your children better than any expert. Being outside of time, He even knows how your children turn out. When it comes to making parenting decisions, our best resource is God and His Word. Walk in freedom knowing that He guides you. His Spirit gives you access to the mind of Christ. Trust the pause or peace you feel.
((Hear more of my thoughts from a Facebook live video I did last week:))
Connect with Hayley:
- Hayley's first interview on the podcast--> Episode 2
- Jess Connolly's interview on the podcast --> Episode 68
- Mom Struggling Well Podcast
- Psalm 68:19 "Blessed be the Lord—day after day he carries us along. He’s our Savior, our God, oh yes!
He’s God-for-us, he’s God-who-saves-us."
- Hosea 3:1 "The LORD said to me, 'Go, show your love to your wife again, though she is loved by another man and is an adulteress. Love her as the LORD loves the Israelites, though they turn to other gods and love the sacred raisin cakes."
“It would seem that Our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased.”--C.S. Lewis
- The Influence Network
- The Wildly Co. --ethical children's clothing company
- The Root Collective's Ethical Buying Guide--scroll down to enter email to sign up to see their ethical list
- Tsh's Art of Simple Ethical Shopping Guide
How to listen to the podcast:
1.Listen on the blog. Click through to GodCenteredMom.com and click the play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one (that I mentioned) in the app store, there is also one called Downcast. It allows you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio. If you don’t have an iDevice, you can listen via Stitcher.
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – access the podcast in iTunes (Click here to access via iTunes). You can also search for it on your smartphone app (like the ones listed above) and subscribe.