Paralyzed by fear. Driven by feelings. Ready to throw in the towel.
Do you relate to any of these statements? (Raising my hand.)
Today's podcast guest is Shelene Bryan, former Hollywood producer and author of new book, "Ridiculous Faith". This mom of two teenagers can preach. And the Biblical truth she shares reminds us that the God who moves mountains is on our side. He is in the victory business. We just need to keep our eyes fixed on Him and not our fears of failure.
My fear isn't that moms are going to fail. But that we are going to succeed at things which don't matter
In this episode Shelene shares her story of starting Skip1 ministries. And how she learned to trust God when her kids wanted to join her in the journey. She inspired me to love God and love others, not with word but deed. This quote about did me in:
The only thing our kids need to know is to follow hard after Christ. Who cares if they go to Harvard if they are going to Hell.
(Drop the mic.)
If you need a centering pep talk, then this episode is for you. Focusing your eyes on who God is and allowing Him to work through you and your kids. Instead of fearing, protecting and crafting a "perfect" future for your family, you can serve, surrender and allow God to be the hero of your story.
Connect with Shelene:
What we chat about:
- Benefit of having mom friends in a stage ahead of you.
- Insight for the mom deciding whether to stay home full-time.
- Following the two commands God has given us, instead of pursuing a formula.
- Shelene's story of traveling to Africa to meet her sponsored kids and launching Skip1.org
- Tips to help your kids choose generosity.
- Help for moms paralyzed by fear.
- Ways in which God uses our kids in spite of us.
- Pursuing God's mission for your own life and inviting your kids along.
- Answering the question: "What would you want your kids to know if you were never going to see them again?"
- Discerning what to say 'yes' and 'no' to based on your answer.
- Choosing fact over feelings.
**Amazon affiliate link
How to listen to the podcast:
1.Listen on the blog. Click through to GodCenteredMom.com and click the play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one (that I mentioned) in the app store, there is also one called Downcast. It allows you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio. If you don’t have an iDevice, you can listen via Stitcher.
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – access the podcast in iTunes (Click here to access via iTunes). You can also search for it on your smartphone app (like the ones listed above) and subscribe.