Christ came as a newborn babe. Humble and vulnerable. To rescue us. To bind up the brokenhearted. To save us.
But not only to reunite our souls with our Heavenly, Holy Father. . .but to make us new creations.
We say, "Yes, I believe Jesus. I trust in You. I surrender this life to Your hands."
But what if our next moments, months, years don't look new. What if we struggle to have outsides reflect a surrendered life?
How does one move forward?
Not expecting to be perfect. But not settling for "as is".
Because "as is" doesn't reflect the transforming power of Christ in us. He desires to day-by-day make us more like Him.
If you find your soul saved but your habits stuck "as is", then today's guest, Elisa Pulliam will give you hope. Her story includes "wild banshee" anger which was brought under control through counseling and prayer.
In this episode, Elisa shares her salvation story and then her healing story. Given her background as a life coach, Elisa understands the process of making change a reality.
"In coaching I never tell a person what to do. I ask questions to allow the person to get to the "ah ha" with God. Because when the person gets to the "ah ha" that's the beginning of change."
Her book (releasing Dec 15th) is a practical 21-day guide to meeting the new you. I have loved it's simplicity but intentionality. A great way to lead into a new year.
Connect with Elisa:
Breaking Up with Perfect :: Blog :: Facebook :: Twitter
What we chat about:
- Elisa's transition from a Long Island mall chick to Christ follower.
- Wanting to see more fruit and outward change after being "saved".
- The moment Elisa realized her anger was out-of-control and she needed help.
- How Elisa's memories were healed through counseling and prayer.
- Elisa's method of "Trap and Transform" to help her in the every day challenges.
- The new name Elisa claimed as a remembrance of being a new creation.
- How God is a redeemer and loves to take us "as is" and make us new.
- Elisa's life coach experience and how she applies it to helping readers experience life change.
**Amazon Affiliate Link
How to listen to the podcast:
1.Listen on the blog. Click through to GodCenteredMom.com and click the play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one (that I mentioned) in the app store, there is also one called Downcast. It allows you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio. If you don’t have an iDevice, you can listen via Stitcher.
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – access the podcast in iTunes (Click here to access via iTunes). You can also search for it on your smartphone app (like the ones listed above) and subscribe.
**Check out this page for instructions on how to leave a rating or review on iTunes:GodCenteredMom.com/review