I know parenting with grace is the “right” choice.
However. . .when the house is a wreck and the boys are fighting and dinner’s on the stove? Grace doesn’t come easily.
But then I get a pep talk from, Jeannie Cunnion (author of “Parenting the Wholehearted Child”).
Jeannie always reminds me of the gospel. She reminds me who I am in Christ, so I can come alongside my kids and do the same.
In this episode Jeannie and I spend time chatting about a recent article she wrote over at FoxNews (link below). She encourages us to ask our kids an important question. Engaging them in a conversation about what makes us lovable.
Personally, my day went so much better after we talked. I’m confident the same will be true for you.
They’re not going to have perfect mom, but they have a perfect Savior. -Jeannie
Connect with Jeannie:
Blog :: Facebook :: Twitter :: Pinterest :: Instagram
What we chat about:
- How do grace and discipline intermix
- The question we should regular ask our children
- Learning to not equate performance with being more lovable
- Recognizing God’s grace for us, allows us to come along side our kids to the cross
- Modeling a willingness to say “I need Jesus”
- Freedom found in not being a perfect mom but having a perfect Savior.
**Amazon Affiliate Link
How to listen to the podcast:
1.Listen on the blog. Click through to GodCenteredMom.com and click the play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one (that I mentioned) in the app store, there is also one called Downcast. It allows you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio. If you don’t have an iDevice, you can listen via Stitcher.
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – access the podcast in iTunes (Click here to access via iTunes). You can also search for it on your smartphone app (like the ones listed above) and subscribe.
**Check out this page for instructions on how to leave a rating or review on iTunes:GodCenteredMom.com/review