The back-to-school emails have arrived in my inbox. The extra-curricular race begins in just a couple weeks. And our loosy goosy Summers get traded in for non-stop activity and hustle.
As the mom of four boys, busyness comes with the territory.
But does my soul have to keep a hurried pace?
What if I chose to “sit down” on the inside, re-centering my motivations, so I can more fully engage with my boys?
Well, today’s podcast guest, Emily Freeman (author of “Grace for the Good Girl”), is our guide to inviting Christ into the small moments of the day. She and I discuss the benches in her cul-de-sac and how they became a visual reminder of making time for soul rest.
On August 18th, Emily’s newest book, “Simply Tuesday”, releases. You can find a copy any place you like to buy books.
(Definitely make sure to join in on the Instagram fun and share your small moments using the hashtag: #itssimplytuesday.)
Love this quote from the interview:
Life is not one week long race to the weekend. That’s why I love Tuesday so much. Because Tuesday is a weekly reminder this is my real life. These are my real people. This is where I live. It’s our Tuesday moments where Jesus shows up as a kind companion. Tuesday is the everyday. If you want to see your everyday life…look at your Tuesday. -Emily Freeman
(Listen to Emily read the first chapter of “Simply Tuesday” –> Here)
What we chat about:
- Why we prefer the term “middle school” to “junior high”
- How two benches transformed Emily’s cul-de-sac community…and her daily living
- Why Emily is suspicious of ‘hustle’…especially in herself
- The phrase her counselor gave her & how it changed her view of everyday moments
- How Tuesday moments have become weekly reminders of her real life
- What happens when we stop racing against others and turn towards them
Connect with Emily:
Site :: Facebook :: Twitter :: Instagram :: Pinterest
*Amazon Affiliate Links
How to listen to the podcast:
1.Listen on the blog. Click through to GodCenteredMom.com and click the play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one (that I mentioned) in the app store, there is also one called Downcast. It allows you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio. If you don’t have an iDevice, you can listen via Stitcher.
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – access the podcast in iTunes (Click here to access via iTunes). You can also search for it on your smartphone app (like the ones listed above) and subscribe.
*If you missed past episodes, you can listen via iTunes or click on this page of the GodCenteredMom site to find a listing of all the episodes.
**Check out this page for instructions on how to leave a rating or review on iTunes:GodCenteredMom.com/review