Sometimes mid-week or mid-day I get stuck in a faulty mindset. That thinking impacts my behavior. The result is yucky...and doesn't meet the needs of my kids, my husband or myself.
Anyone else relate?
Today's podcast guest is Monica Swanson (aka, "The Grom Mom"). As the homeschooling mom to four boys, 5 to 16 years old, she understands what a chaotic, full, and imperfect home looks like.
Yes, Monica lives in Hawaii. Yes, her boys are adorable. But they are all human. And they make messes and mistakes. So Monica's learned that in order to enjoy the life she is living she needs to adjust her perspective.
In this episode, Monica and I chat about what teenage boys need, how to re-connect with our husbands and how to reclaim a healthy body image. Each topic led us to a conversation about re-calibrating what we see.
(Personally loved her thoughts on how we can "expand" our pre-set mental limits).
((Oh, and definitely check out some of her blog posts linked below. . . you'll be happy you did)).
What we chat about:
- How did Monica and her crew end up (and stay) in Hawaii
- What teenage boys need from their moms
- The one thing that can change everything
- How Monica re-calibrates her perspective
- A new way to think about your perceived limits (your "up to here")
- Learning to ask our husbands for what we need
- What to do to re-connect with our husbands when there is distance
- A new ebook Monica is writing about healthy body image
- The importance of getting our mind right with Scripture and affirmations
Connect with Monica:
Site :: Facebook :: Twitter :: Instagram :: Pinterest
How to listen to the podcast:
1.Listen on the blog. Click through to GodCenteredMom.com and click the play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one (that I mentioned) in the app store, there is also one called Downcast. It allows you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio. If you don’t have an iDevice, you can listen via Stitcher.
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – access the podcast in iTunes (Click here to access via iTunes). You can also search for it on your smartphone app (like the ones listed above) and subscribe.
*If you missed past episodes, you can listen via iTunes or click on this page of the GodCenteredMom site to find a listing of all the episodes.
**Check out this page for instructions on how to leave a rating or review on iTunes:GodCenteredMom.com/review