Last week we heard fabulous wisdom from Jim & Lynne Jackson, of Connected Families. They shared how to focus on our own heart issues and emphasized the importance of connecting with our kid's hearts.
(If you haven't had a chance to listen...click here.)
In part one, they shared the first two layers of their parenting framework: the foundation and connection. Communicating the messages to our kids: "You are safe" and "You are loved."
This week we are chatting briefly about coaching and correcting. Letting our kids know "You are God's Workmanship" and "You are Responsible."
Once again, the Jackson's perspective is grace & truth-filled. It is soul-refreshing and life-giving.
At the end of the interview I share a few thoughts and some insight I gained while at Pine Cove Family Camp last week.
The last couple years y'all have learned right along with me from my trailride in 2013 (When you feel like you are mothering wrong) and water skiing adventure last summer (the micromanager gets a lesson in patience and trust).
This year God opened my eyes a little more about what God-centered mothering could look like based on Galatians 2:2o:
I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
Overwhelmed with gratitude to get to share God's love with you and the message that you don't have to ask for Him to give you strength today. You simply recognize the power of His strength already available to you. Blessings, friend.
What we chat about:
- How to ask helpful questions in discipline moments.
- Seeing a pattern of misbehavior as a God-given gift.
- Effective discipline puts responsibility on the child to make right what they made wrong.
- Coming alongside our kids to help them clean up the relational mess they made.
- Not jumping in with shame, removing the chance for child to feel guilt.
- How this parenting framework can support and direct your family.
- Asking for a "do-over" with your kids.
Connect with Jim & Lynne:
Connected Families Site :: Facebook :: Twitter :: Pinterest
**Amazon Affiliate Link
How to listen to the podcast:
1.Listen on the blog. Click through to GodCenteredMom.com and click the play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one (that I mentioned) in the app store, there is also one called Downcast. It allows you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio. If you don’t have an iDevice, you can listen via Stitcher.
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – access the podcast in iTunes (Click here to access via iTunes). You can also search for it on your smartphone app (like the ones listed above) and subscribe.
*If you missed past episodes, you can listen via iTunes or click on this page of the GodCenteredMom site to find a listing of all the episodes.
**Check out this page for instructions on how to leave a rating or review on iTunes:GodCenteredMom.com/review