Didn't you love what Vickie Kraft shared on the last podcast episode?
If you haven't heard it yet, make sure you click over there first (Part One:: Ep 73).
If you were encouraged and emboldened by Vickie, then grab your ear buds. . .because she's back with more.
This week you'll hear the 2nd half of our conversation. We cover a lot of different topics from friendships to worry to assurance of salvation.
One of my favorite parts of this episode is a popular quote from Vickie:
I'll tell you again. . .it was such an honor to be able to sit and record timeless truth from Vickie. God is so good to lead me into this ministry of podcasting. He is gracious to allow me that holy hour with a cherished woman of faith. If the only reason I ever podcasted was to be able to chat with her, it was all worth it. Thank you for sharing in the experience with me.
What we chat about:
- How friends are one of God's greatest blessings.
- Vickie's tips for developing friendships & what life was like when she was a mom.
- The importance of having an active sense of humor.
- How God sees the desires in your heart.
- Trusting your children to God, who loves them more than you do.
- Believing God can bring our children back when they stray.
- Truth to fight our propensity to worry.
- Vickie's belief that youth is highly overrated.
- How to ask a woman to mentor you (and maybe not use the 'm' word).
- One thing you never stop doing as you age.
- The only life worth living
- Vickie's absolute assurance of salvation
**Amazon Affiliate Links
- Leslie Johnson--Sursee Gal
- Philippians 4:6-8 "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God,which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
- Ecclesiastes 12:1 "Remember your Creator in the days of your youth, before the days of trouble come. . ."
- D. L. Moody, "When you've heard that I have died, rejoice for me because I'm in a much better place than I ever was."
- Numbers 23:19 "God is not human, that he should lie, not a human being, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?"
Which lesson was your favorite? Any questions for Vickie?
How to listen to the podcast:
1.Listen on the blog. Click through to GodCenteredMom.com and click the play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one (that I mentioned) in the app store, there is also one called Downcast. It allows you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio. If you don’t have an iDevice, you can listen via Stitcher.
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – access the podcast in iTunes (Click here to access via iTunes). You can also search for it on your smartphone app (like the ones listed above) and subscribe.
*If you missed past episodes, you can listen via iTunes or click on this page of the GodCenteredMom site to find a listing of all the episodes.
**Check out this page for instructions on how to leave a rating or review on iTunes:GodCenteredMom.com/review