*Congratulations Becca McCann! You are the winner of the “In Freedom’s Cause” CDs! Make sure you check your email.*
If you could sit down with a woman who has known God for EIGHTY years, wouldn’t you jump at the chance?
Well, that’s what we all get to do on today’s podcast.
Author & speaker & mentor, Vickie Kraft, invited me into her home and I recorded our conversation. Vickie was the women’s minister at our church for years and has mentored my mentors. She attended seminary. . .in her 50s. . .and started her own Titus 2:4 ministry.
Y’all. I didn’t want to stop chatting with her.
Every word and Scripture and truth Vickie spoke gave me a little more confidence and courage and peace.
I wanted that for you too.
So we talked for over an hour and I split our conversation into two parts. My hope is you can really allow her wisdom to sink deeply and hold on. And honestly? I think you and I would benefit from going back and listening more than once.
Today we focus on God’s Word, His Faithfulness, our longing for significance, family dynamics, gratitude, and the reality of suffering.
What we chat about:
- How God’s Word is the only sure foundation for life
- Vickie’s tips for being in God’s Word, studying & applying.
- The necessity of obedience to grow in faith, not to earn salvation.
- Vickie’s story of growing up with a single mom & knowing God is faithful
- The longing we all have for significance & why God put that desire in us
- Fathers, family structure, and submission
- Learning to be content in every situation & the role of gratitude
- How to get right in the middle of God’s will.
- Vickie’s tips on discipline
- How suffering is guaranteed in this life
- The “but if not” prayer
**Amazon Affiliate Links
- Leslie Johnson (Sursee Gal)–Ep 1 ; Ep 20
- Nancy Williams–The Best Ever Life (Ep 11)
- Kris Habashy– Expect the Hard, Experience the Good-Part One (Ep 34) ; Part Two (Ep 35)
- Vela Tomba–Hula Hoopology Ep 28
- James 1:2-4 “Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.”
- 2 Corinthians 1:3-4 “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.”
- John 10:28 “I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand.”
- One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are **Amazon affiliate link–Ann Voskamp
- 1 Thessalonians 5:18 “give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.”
- 2 Corinthians 1:9 “But this happened that we might not rely on ourselves but on God, who raises the dead.”
How to listen to the podcast:
1.Listen on the blog. Click through to GodCenteredMom.com and click the play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one (that I mentioned) in the app store, there is also one called Downcast. It allows you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio. If you don’t have an iDevice, you can listen via Stitcher.
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – access the podcast in iTunes (Click here to access via iTunes). You can also search for it on your smartphone app (like the ones listed above) and subscribe.
*If you missed past episodes, you can listen via iTunes or click on this page of the GodCenteredMom site to find a listing of all the episodes.
**Check out this page for instructions on how to leave a rating or review on iTunes:GodCenteredMom.com/review