Our hearts wander.
We long to remain faithful to God, but forget we are human.
The great news is God isn’t going anywhere. He longs for you to know Him. Not just know about Him, but know His deep, deep personal love for you.
Today’s guest, Lacey Dobrient, shares her own story of wandering, the single life, loss of her father and secondary infertility. . .events which all led her to study God’s Word more intently.
Lacey shares the method God revealed to her when she prayed for a way to know Him more.
I know there are lots of Bible study options out there, but I wanted to share this fun and purposeful one with y’all. AND I didn’t even know all the authentic sharing Lacey would do during our interview. Powerful stuff.
Oh, AND, one lucky listener will get their own set of pens and guidebook. To be entered to win, leave a comment below or a review on iTunes. Giveaway ends March 14th and the winner will be announced on the 16th. **This giveaway has now ended**
What we talked about:
- Lacey’s legacy of faith and the memories she has of her parents in God’s word.
- Making the transition with your kids from Bible stories to Bible study.
- Lacey’s season of straying from God.
- Why she felt God kept her single until 38
- The life event that broke her heart and changed it.
- Her lesson to live authentically
- The shock of pain with secondary infertility.
- When hard things happen how do we believe God is good.
- A desire to grow closer to God, but not knowing how.
- The approach God gently led Lacey to study her Bible.
- Realization that Bible study is a spiritual experience and to approach with prayer.
- What God spoke to her through a purple pen and the geneology in Matthew.
- How Lacey decided to assign colors to Bible themes
- The influence you can have your children through Bible study.
- What “face on face” love is and how to have that with God.
Connect with Lacey:
Site :: Contact :: Shop
Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. James 4:8
This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, explaining spiritual realities with Spirit-taught words. 1 Corinthians 2:13
What book of the Bible are you studying right now?
How to listen to the podcast:
1.Listen on the blog. Click through to GodCenteredMom.com and click the play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one (that I mentioned) in the app store, there is also one called Downcast. It allows you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio. If you don’t have an iDevice, you can listen via Stitcher.
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – access the podcast in iTunes (Click here to access via iTunes). You can also search for it on your smartphone app (like the ones listed above) and subscribe.
*If you missed past episodes, you can listen via iTunes or click on this page of the GodCenteredMom site to find a listing of all the episodes.
**Check out this page for instructions on how to leave a rating or review on iTunes: GodCenteredMom.com/review