*Congratulations Becca! You are the winner of Emily Thomas’ gorgeous print. Thanks to all who listened, reviewed, & commented!*
I can get pretty passionate on today’s topic. And that passion has even led to some “voice raising” at a casual friend gathering. Cuz one thing I won’t back down on is the Gospel and sharing the good news with the whole world.
We all are in need of a Savior.
And no one sin is greater than another.
Like Jesus defending the adulterous woman, “Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her” (John 8).
After the men holding stones dispersed and Jesus dismissed the woman, asking her to sin no more, he said,
“I am the light of the world: he that follows me shall not walk in darkness but have the light of life.”
As followers of Jesus we do not walk in darkness, but carry the light of life.
So many are lost, wandering in darkness, not because they are worse than we are, but because have not been shown the Light and love of Jesus.
In today’s episode I interview Catherine Smith, Strip Church Event Coordinator. She shares about their ministry to women in strip clubs. AND tells listeners how to get involved in their new initiative, Bright Lights, Big Cities.
One of my favorite parts of this episode is realizing the special love moms have to offer a broken world. I pray God speaks to you through our conversation and perhaps moves you to serve in this exciting way.
What we talk about:
- The unbelievable story of how the XXXChurch.com got started
“People are not expecting to meet with Jesus at a porn convention.”
- The need the XXXChurch saw that no one else was filling
- The vision and goal of StripChurch to invest & build relationships
- The launch of Bright Lights, Big Cities–what it is and what they need
- When the leaders training happens and what’s involved
- What you could do to help a team, if you can’t commit to training
- Why moms minister best to women in the sex industry–the power of a mother’s love
“Don’t blame the dark for being dark. Blame the light for not shining in the dark.”-Craig Gross, Founder of XXXChurch.com
- The resources available through XXXChurch for those struggling with porn addiction:
- X3Groups–accountability groups for men & women
- iParent.tv to help parents navigate technology
- X3Watch filtering and accountability app
- The difference and call to holiness for those within the church, choosing to follow Christ
“We are not for porn, we are for people.”
Connect with Catherine:
- XXXChurch.com resources–where to start
- 100 cities included in the Bright lights, big cities initiative
- Bright Lights, Big Cities Training
- Online accountability for every device–X3watch.com
- iParent.tv helping parents navigate technology
- X3 Groups for accountability
- Testimonials from women who have left the sex industry (click here to watch if reading via email):
Can you help spread the word about this ministry? Share the link on FB or tell a friend in one of the 100 cities.
How to listen to the podcast:
1.Listen on the blog. Click through to GodCenteredMom.com and click the play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one (that I mentioned) in the app store, there is also one called Downcast. It allows you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio. If you don’t have an iDevice, you can listen via Stitcher.
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – access the podcast in iTunes (Click here to access via iTunes). You can also search for it on your smartphone app (like the ones listed above) and subscribe.
*If you missed past episodes, you can listen via iTunes or click on this page of the GodCenteredMom site to find a listing of all the episodes.
**Check out this page for instructions on how to leave a rating or review on iTunes: GodCenteredMom.com/review