I'm thinking God has more to teach us about grace. Apparently, it's the theme for January!
If you are a mom who struggles to give your children grace (like Jeannie described in my last podcast), perhaps it's because you don't accept or know grace for yourself.
Today's guest, Stephanie Rische, an editor at Tyndale Publishing, is sharing what she's personally learned about grace through a season of singleness.
AND Stephanie is giving away FREE 30 day devotionals on grace, the perfect way for our God-centered Mom community to grasp the depth of God's unmerited favor. Just click here, go to the right side bar, scroll down and enter your email address to receive a copy.
As I share at the beginning of this episode:
"This is a covenant of grace. I call your attention to the fact that there is no if in it; there is no but in it; there is no requirement of man made by it. It is all "I will" and "they shall". "I will be their God, and they shall be my people."--Charles Spurgeon, in reference to Jeremiah 31:33
Salvation by faith alone through grace. Whew.
And one more:
"But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works; otherwise grace would no longer be grace." Romans 11:6
God works on our behalf. We work in gratitude for what He has done through Christ. Not to earn His love, but because of His unconditional, never-stopping love.
What we talk about:
- How Stephanie met each other and the old-school way we've stayed connected.
- Stephanie's super cool job at Tyndale Publishers helping people tell their stories.
- "The most interesting people are the ones who consider themselves to have an ordinary life, but experienced God in an extraordinary way."
- Stephanie's journey growing in knowledge of grace. . .through years of singleness.
- "Started to believe it was up to me to earn God's favor."
- The steps which brought Stephanie back from a faith tailspin.
- Discovering satisfaction in God's grace alone.
- How Stephanie picks a theme for her year.
- A free 30 day devotional on grace.
- The humbling experience which caused Stephanie to ask: "What does God think of me if I can't perform for Him?"
- Stephanie's children's book for little girls based on the story of Esther
Connect with Stephanie:
Blog :: Twitter :: Books
What is your biggest barrier to "seeing" grace?
How to listen to the podcast:
1.Listen on the blog. Click through to GodCenteredMom.com and click the play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one (that I mentioned) in the app store, there is also one called Downcast. It allows you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio. If you don’t have an iDevice, you can listen via Stitcher.
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – access the podcast in iTunes (Click here to access via iTunes). You can also search for it on your smartphone app (like the ones listed above) and subscribe.
*If you missed past episodes, you can listen via iTunes or click on this page of the GodCenteredMom site to find a listing of all the episodes.
**Check out this page for instructions on how to leave a rating or review on iTunes: GodCenteredMom.com/review