She laughs big and she serves the Lord.
This perfectly describes today's podcast guest, Kristi Griem.
From the moment I met Kristi, she impressed me with her passion to free people--women from sex trafficking, children from injustice and families from poverty.
Having followed the journey God has taken her on the last few years, I wanted to share the story with y'all.
My first goal is to inspire you to see how your past experiences intersect with your passions/talents, to be used for His glory. Your personal "work of worth".
The second goal is to introduce you to a new way of buying gifts and products. Kristi connects international artisians (trying to break the poverty cycle or rehabilitate from atrocities) with the American market. Philanthropic entrepreneurship.
As current COO at Work of Worth International, Kristi asked me to look over the products being sold and put pieces together I loved creating a collection you would love too.
I felt all sorts of fancy getting to "curate". . .thought only designer types do such things. Here is the little collection I've gathered together. If you are interested in any of the pieces (ranging from $10 to $30), just click here.
In this episode we chat about:
- How growing up in Panama & Nicaragua contributed to Kristi's familiarity with international living.
- How international mission approaches have changed.
- The use of social entrepeneurships to build relationships before sharing the gospel.
- The unique skills and care Freeset offers gals who have been rescued from sex trafficking
- The impact of emotional and physical trauma on the girls who are rescued, and their inability to follow complex directions.
- How God used a horrible tragic airplane crash to shine a light on the FreeSet ministry. . .beauty from ashes.
- The way the Lord led Kristi to a new opportunity with Work of Worth
- How she already had relationships with distributors to connect with international artisans.
- God using the intersection of your gifts/talents and your past experiences for His glory. . .there's no "just" anything. No small thing in the Kingdom.
You know what you're passionate about when your heart beats fast. -Kristi Griem-
Connect with Kristi:
Blog :: Pinterest :: Twitter
What "work of worth" do you feel God stirring in you?
If it's to start buying more fair trade items, which of the ones from Kristi's shop did you like best?