What do the words: France. Food. Family. Fellowship all have in common?
Today’s podcast guest shares a great story of how a potential failure led to her current ministry. Throughout the episode we weave those four words together, presenting a few ideas for facilitating hospitality and building community.
After seeing Kristin’s Turquoise Table one day on Instagram I saw this sign in front of my neighbor’s house.
Right across from our house.
On this episode I share more amazing details about my story with the Turquoise Table and getting to know our neighbor Jeff (and his dog Bella). How he sold us a table, carted it across the street and even loaned us his paint gun. And shared a little of what’s been going on in his life.
Thankful for Kristin and all she is doing to bring people around the table.
What we chat about:
- Dallas life in 1980s
- How Kristin’s almost flunking French directed her current ministry
- The family-centric European dining culture
- How to create a slower pace and gather more around the table in the States
- The joy of meeting with your family for Sunday Supper (lots of menus & tips in link below).
- Temptation to confuse entertainment with hospitality
- How to use your gift of hospitality when your husband is an introvert & you have 4 young children
- Birth of the Turquoise Table
- Frontyard Fridays
- Heather’s own “Turquoise Table” story
- How a table in the front yard gives those around you a window to the Cross
Connect with Kristin:
Website :: Twitter :: Instagram :: Facebook
Do you have a favorite memory of gathering around the table with family?
**How to listen to the podcast:**
1.Listen on the blog. Click through to GodCenteredMom.com and click the play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one (that I mentioned) in the app store, there is also one called Downcast. It allows you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio. If you don’t have an iDevice, you can listen via Stitcher.
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – access the podcast in iTunes (Click here to access via iTunes). You can also search for it on your smartphone app (like the ones listed above) and subscribe.
*If you missed past episodes, you can listen via iTunes or click on this page of the GodCenteredMom site to find a listing of all the episodes.