I’ve noticed a new trend.
Whether it’s an Instagram post or Facebook status, people are verbalizing a desire to live “smaller” lives. Focusing less on everyone knowing everything, they want their close friends closer. Narrowing in on what really matters by living small.
Today’s podcast guest, Christie Elkins (Letters from the Nest), by default, found herself living “small”. Born in LaFollette, TN it has taken her a lifetime to embrace where God placed her. Then she went beyond embracing, to thriving and choosing to live even smaller.
I’m such a huge fan of this gal. Love her sweet accent, her heart, and how she has truly blossomed over the last couple years.
Listen to Christie and I chat about:
- Marrying her high school sweetheart & how a lady from the local community spelled out why they were a perfect match, going back generations
- What she did to embrace and bloom where she was planted
- How she is continuing a tradition her grandfather started
- How even in a small town you can desire a simpler life-what she did about it–their life homeschooling on a farm
- A viral post she wrote about a lie moms often believe–how big your role as a mom is in God’s eyes.
Connect with Christie:
Blog :: Twitter :: Facebook :: Instagram
What ways have you chosen to celebrate small?
**How to listen to the podcast:**
1.Listen on the blog. Click through to GodCenteredMom.com and click the play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one (that I mentioned) in the app store, there is also one called Downcast. It allows you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio. If you don’t have an iDevice, you can listen via Stitcher.
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – access the podcast in iTunes (Click here to access via iTunes). You can also search for it on your smartphone app (like the ones listed above) and subscribe.
*If you missed past episodes, you can listen via iTunes or click on this page of the GodCenteredMom site to find a listing of all the episodes.