With Mother's Day in less than a week, I thought I'd introduce you to a mom who I love following. A mom who inspires me with her authenticity, spiritual wisdom . . . and the gorgeous artwork she creates.
Ruth Simons considers herself an "unlikely mom". Kinda ironic since she now finds herself the mother to six boys aged 1 to 12 years old!
In her online space (gracelaced.com & her instagram feed), Ruth beautifully shares her sanctifying motherhood journey. . .
I've always been curious how she schedules her day, handles chores, & manages sibling rivalry. In today's episode you'll hear Ruth and I chat about:
- Having a schedule vs. a routine.
- Finding beauty in the mundane tasks of motherhood
- Handling sibling disagreements . . . using Scripture, role play, peacemaking on the couch.
- Maximizing errands to get one-on-one time with her kids.
- Incentivizing her boys to help around the house, as a team.
- Encouraging unity in your family.
- Managing a home while running a business/pursuing other activities.
I hope you learn something new from listening to how Ruth mothers. But more than anything I hope this interview helps you see how God crafted each mom uniquely. How He uses your gifts and talents to bond your family together to bring Him glory.
the beautiful painting below was created by Ruth and prints are on sale in her shop.
Order before midnight tonight, May 5th to get in time for Mother's Day.
Connect with Ruth:
Blog :: Facebook :: Instagram :: Art Shoppe
How do you create beauty and build unity in your home?
**How to listen to the podcast:**
1.Listen on the blog. Click through to GodCenteredMom.com and click the play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one (that I mentioned) in the app store, there is also one called Downcast. It allows you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio. If you don’t have an iDevice, you can listen via Stitcher.
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – access the podcast in iTunes (Click here to access via iTunes). You can also search for it on your smartphone app (like the ones listed above) and subscribe.
*If you missed past episodes, you can listen via iTunes or click on this page of the GodCenteredMom site to find a listing of all the episodes.