We all need a pep talk. Whether we live in a tropical (presumed) paradise or snow-covered farmland, sometimes we just need a reminder to rest in God.
During our time in Costa Rica, I was honored with the opportunity to encourage the women from my parent's church, Horizon, at their monthly luncheon.
I love when women gather. I love how they jump in to move tables and cook cakes and hang up paper flowers and decorate tables. How they even add little decorations on name tags, creating beauty when they gather.
I love the Church. I love how it doesn't matter how close one lives to the equator. Or if the room you gather sits nestled back in shopping center of a busy surfing town. Or if food is served out of a tiki hut. It matters that we gather in the name of the Lord, to glorify His holy name.
At first I was a little intimidated to stand up in front of grandmothers and full-time missionaries. Who did I think I was? But God clearly answered, "You are the messenger, not the expert." God wanted me to share His Word, if I was willing to be the voice.
Fortunately, the morning of the event, I decided to record the session so I could share it with y'all!
I hope it is an encouragement to you and directs you to true rest in God.
- "What is a God-Centered Woman? " handout (may want to print this off before listening)
-Spirit-filled living portion of lecture borrowed from Laura Krokos of Missional Women
- What tends to be your biggest struggle in the day-to-day, your “joy stealer”? (Examples: lack of control, boredom, constant needs to meet, comparison, discontent…)
- At the end of your life, what would it mean for you to be a “success”?
- What do you think God defines as a success?
- When you think of God, what attributes come to mind? (Examples: Distant? Judging? Loving? Always present?)
- Over the next two weeks what steps can you take to know God more and rest in His plan for you?