Light the candles. It’s a party y’all!
When Bruce asked what I wanted for Christmas I told him I really wanted a new site design for GodCenteredMom. When he asked me what I wanted for my birthday, I told him I really wanted a new site design for GodCenteredMom (and for Valentine’s Day…and our anniversary).
TA DA!!! Here it is! I’m beyond-the-moon excited to share this present with you.
If we were sitting side-by-side on my big, grey sectional, I would give you a personal tour of the site. Showing you all the things I love about the new space created by Ted Barnett (from Contemplate Design). (sidenote for new readers: I contacted Ted through his wife Annie …from Be Small studios. In an email before our first skype chat he wrote, “Well, I’ve actually met you before.”…turns out we went to college together! How crazy is that?)
First off, the “oh-so-awesome” tabs at the top allow you to find info more quickly. Aaaaaannnnd…those tabs are color coded for consistency throughout the whole site (a type A momma’s dream…) Here’s your “key”:
- blue: about me (& my men)
- yellow: series (info on getting centered & staying centered)
- green: resources (meeting with God, memorizing Scripture, & books I’ve loved)
- khaki: connect (shoot me an email)
You know what else is super cool? In this new space I can connect with y’all better. For instance, when you leave a comment & I reply to you…now you will get an email to let you know I replied. Woot!!
Of all the social media places, I spend the most time taking pictures of our life & putting them on Instagram. Guess what? Those pictures will now be found on the site (check out the side bar –>). So you can keep up with all the mundane & marvelous details of life with four boys.
Just above the Instagram gallery, there is a group of 4 most shared posts. That’s where new readers of GodCenteredMom.com can find the posts you’ve found most helpful. When you share a post you’re helping me minister to moms. Sharing what has brought you encouragement so they will be encouraged… a big circle of love.
Lastly, now that I’m self-hosted I can legitimately post giveaways (guess it was a “no-no” on my old-site…unbeknownst to me). In honor of my birthday and the new site I’m doing a…
Birthday Bash Bundle giveaway.
I’m probably breaking some etiquette rule by hosting my own birthday giveaway (kind of like throwing your own baby shower…which I’ve done). But God has blessed me with incredible local friends and online friends and I want to share their goodness with you. So consider this a birthday favor (and bonus it’s not plastic or from the dollar store!).
- A $30 gift certificate from The Find Auction . The Find Auction was started by my two mommy friends, Misty & Julie. They host an auction every Wednesday night at 8:30 pm on Facebook, with fun seasonal items. I’ve bought home goods (napkin rings, hand towels), accessories (scarves, earrings, bracelets), and gifts (sweet little pearl/cross necklace for my niece). Like their Facebook page for an extra entry in the giveaway.
- A copy of Katie Orr’s eBook “Find More Jesus: How to Make Easter All About Jesus”. Katie has put together a sweet devotional guide for the week leading up to Easter morning. Each day you read a piece of Scripture and do an activity. Most of the supplies she used you should have already. (And I’ll send you an email this Sunday to let you know you won so you can start the devotional on time!).
- AND this fun statement necklace from Francesca’s (one of my favorite places to shop for jewelry!).
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Make yourself at “home”…take off your shoes, prop your feet up and be encouraged in this journey of replacing “me” with “He”.