On Monday, I wrote how I can't fail in motherhood because I am already a failure. We all are. My children can't fall farther than the reach of His grace & love. So I shouldn't parent in fear of failure, but in love.
On Wednesday, I shared the message & hope of owning my life. Loud & clear so many Allume speakers spoke of intentional living. Creating before consuming. Keeping my life, so I have a life to write about. Remembering fun.
If claim I don't want to parent in fear. If I want to own my life. Then I need to cast aside fear and live, following His calling. Because while at Allume, the calling was solidified & shiny, crystal clear. But I've pushed it aside because the risk of failure is high. The feelings of inferiority and comparison rob me of confidence.
Darren Rowse, aka Problogger said,
"Acknowledge the insecurity. Be faithful in the next step. Step forward even if you are afraid. Don’t live with regret. God is giving you a message and you don’t want to look back 30 years from now and wonder what would happen."
Thank you RedLetterArt for the perfect confirmation of His call.
Then Darren quoted Will Rogers:
“Even if you’re on the right track you will get run over if you just sit there”
I could be right where God wants me to be, but just sitting there hoping things will work out. Not actively pursuing the call. Just sitting.
Monday, during my time with God, I turned on Pandora to hear this song, "Called Me Higher" (by All Sons & Daughters) played:
I could just sit. I could just sit.
And wait for all Your goodness.
Hope to feel Your presence.
And I could just stay.
I could just stay right where I am
And hope to feel you.
Hope to feel something again.
And I could hold on, hold on to who I am.
And never let you change me from the inside.
Here is the chorus that echoed my time at Allume:
You have called me higher.
You have called me deeper.
I will go where you lead me Lord.
He has called me higher. He has called me deeper. I need to get off my booty and follow where He leads!! Enough of sitting around already.
Each woman I interacted at the Allume Conference heard a specific calling from God in some area of her life. The callings were unique from one another because the work is plentiful and too many workers are sitting around. We don't have to worry about competing with one another for space in His Kingdom (TY Lisa-Jo for this reminder).
One of the biggest parts of my Allume experiences was the re-igniting of a call. He put into place people & situations to reaffirm He has some work for me to do. Next week I want to share with you all the specifics of this "calling". It's big. Real big. After last weekend I realize how big.
For today I leave you with the awesomeness of Ann Voskamp's words on calling:
- Feeling a little bit raw and a little bit discouraged. Clean underwear in my husband’s drawer. There’s just not enough of me to go around. Am I doing the right things?
- Do you want to use me at all?Does the creator of all things love me and want to use me at all? Or is He looking at you and thinking, “Well this isn’t going to go very far?”
- Quit “trying to fit” stop trying to squeeze all your extraordinary into ordinary.
- Stop feeling failure.
- Stop fear, God’s artist at work.
- Tree grows tall by stretching into unknown territory.
- A call is something one keeps listening for. He didn’t give Abraham a map, He gave him a relationship.
- We need the person of God more than the plan. Wait in prayer in His Word.
- God’s call is not that you do more FOR Him, but that you do more WITH God. Life changes with the prepositions.
Are you pursuing a relationship with God? Do you stop & listen to His voice? If you have heard Him calling, are you held back moving because of your fear of failure? Let's own this life and the calling He has given us!
**IF YOU ARE READING THIS POST & ATTENDED ALLUME, WILL YOU SHARE THE CALLING YOU HEARD FROM GOD? BE BOLD & FEARLESS!
***Here is the song, "Called Me Higher" by All Sons & Daughters. So. so. good :